What we’ll be covering?
The Bass day is exactly what it sounds like… a full day of playing bass and learning great new things that will help you move your playing to the next level. It’s group-based playing and numbers are limited to ensure lots of opportunities for 1-on-1 guidance and advice. We’ll cover:
- Learn, know and use chord arpeggios.
- Learn, know and use a variety of scales.
- Learn how to play over different chord types and different chord progressions with confidence and fluency.
- Learn how to create bass lines and improvise bass lines of your own.
- Learn what makes a bass line iconic.
- Learn, analyse and play some of the most influential bass lines in pop history.
- Learn how to improve your musical ear and how to practise ear training.
- Learn how to transcribe your favourite bass lines.
- Learn how and what to practise.
- Play over 1 chord, play over 2 chords, play over 4 chords – play some masterful songs from iconic artistes that will enable you to use every musical tool you know.
- Learn how to play in different styles – Rock, Reggae, Funk, Soul.
- Learn the secret of being able to play in any key easily.
- Learn how to survive a jam, or open mic night session.
Join this small bunch of players and mix group playing with 1-on-1 guidance.
Who’s this course suitable for?
High-beginner to low-intermediate bass players.
If you can play the following you’ll be fine:
- 12 bar blues?
- 12 bar blues in any key?
- Country bass line?
If you’re not sure, we have Prep Sheets available for the basics: arpeggios, fretboard, pentatonic scales, 12 bar form, etc. These will help get you ready and we could even organise an online prep session; get in touch to find out more about this option.
What’s included in the price?
It’s a non-residential course but players often organise B&B at the venue on either/both the Friday and/or Saturday. The fee includes:
- tuition and materials
- lunch and morning/afternoon refreshment breaks
- Course sheets will be handed out over the weekend.
- Comprehensive summary PDF following the course (focused on specifically what was covered).
- Any snippet videos taken during the course.
- Revision and practice materials will be made available to you after the course e.g. audio/video recordings, any supplementary PDFs and photos of flip charts.
- Prep Sheets – these address the basic requirements for coming on the course.
Our Day courses are teaching/playing bass guitar-fests but they’re paced to suit the group so they’re as much about having fun and enjoying a sociable time with fellow hobby players.
Playing together as a group is the best, and most enjoyable, way of learning and experiencing music. These courses have limited numbers to ensure the correct tutor-to-group ratio – book early to avoid disappointment.