What we’ll be covering
The session will be an open conversation/Q&A about how to go about improving on the guitar from the level you’re at, where you want to get to and the time and aptitude you have for practising. For example some big questions might be:
- My strumming sounds mechanical?
- I’m not interested in learning to read music?
- How can I make a three chord song sound cool?
- Should I try to learn a solo?
- Do I really need to know lots of ‘theory’?
- I’d really like to be able to improvise – where do I start?
- I’m stuck in musical rut – how do I get out?
- What do you actually need in your musical tool bag?
- I play all the right notes but it just doesn’t sound the same as the track.
- Should I go back to the basics?
- When I’m asked to play a tune, I freeze!
- I struggle to keep time.
- I don’t know whether I’m practising or just playing.
- There’s so much out there I keep flitting from one thing to another!
- I have no structure or direction in my learning.
- I get overwhelmed.
- I struggle to sing and play at the same time.
- How do I avoid creating samey, samey boring music?
- I’m not a spring chicken and I don’t have the time, or interest, to start with the fundamentals.
- I just like playing with others but … I get lost and frustrated.
We’ll discuss directions, approaches and concept of ‘nuggets‘.
Also, your suggestions about subjects to cover on courses would be invaluable for us to put together the Online sessions to support our Day and Weekend courses i.e. prep sessions for them. ALL ideas are very welcome.
Who’s this session suitable for?
Everyone would get lots from this session.If any of the above random thoughts resonated then come along and join in the discussion. You could be:
- a struggling bedroom player trying to hone a piece of music
- a regular at a guitar club
- doing the odd slot at the open mic night
- performing regularly at gigs in a band
Everyone will have lightbulb moments and pick up invaluable hints and tips from our tutor.
Check out these courses
Click on the course titles to go to the website pages:
- Acoustic Blues
- Mixing licks, rhythms and Grooves
- Fingerpicking Foundations
- Rhythm Guitar
- Jam Day
- The Art of Performing
- Blues to Jazz
Follow the standard process of booking:
- Your details
- Your mobile number (required in case there’s an internet issue is the session)
- Tick the Ts&Cs box
- Select Quantity of 1
You will not be asked to paying as it’s FREE.